Friday 19 March 2010

Silence

The days have beeen hot but without the fierce edge of summer. I've had to keep silent for three days in a row as I have a very sore throat and no voice to speak with.  I've been out walking, solitary in Victoria Park among the pine trees, just past the Pony Club.

This morning I went op shopping with a handy pencil and notepad. I found two little books from the 1940s.

The first one is full of autumn sun and silence.




The paper is cheap and the pictures are a little fuzzy, probably due to wartime restrictions.





But the colours are still rich. 




All is quiet in her forest





The publishers weren't afraid to use black and white pictures too.




and here is the illustrator






I love the threaded needle pinned to the edge of the sampler.





No comments: