Saturday 3 November 2012

In Lydiard Street, Ballarat





Lydiard Street, where the great old shady verandahs have survived the destruction of the 1970s.








And the art gallery,  a Ballarat treasure. Sometimes I pop in every week, but the past couple of months I've been a bit gloomy and inert.
Now, however, I'm warming up with the weather.




I didn't go in to see the latest exhibition. Instead I caught up with
works by Clarice Beckett, Rick Amor, Joy Hester, Bruce Armstrong and Criss Canning -
and the Eureka flag.
Because entry is free I have the luxury of going in whenever I feel like it and spending time with my favourites.




I wish the Eureka flag wasn't going off to a pay-for-a view place in the new Eureka Centre.


Now look at what I found in the street outside -




Weird how the light is so different in this image, but I like it a lot.



Then I had this to look at while waiting for the bus, just a block down fromthe gallery.











Finally  I bought samosas and milky, fudge-like sweets from Masala Valley near the bus stop.

I ate them  in the newly cleared and beautiful back yard when I got home.







No comments: