Sunday 19 April 2009

Summer's going





Today the rainbow lorrikeets have gone with the last fruit, leaving a thankyou note behind.







I've found a couple of new visitors. This one surprised me, I hadn't noticed her before, yet she's huge - as big as my hand when she stretches her legs out. She seems very exposed, sitting in her web stretched out in the open between two bushes, a feast for any hungry bird, yet her web has lasted a week now.









This last visitor, a casement moth grub, has crawled down from the gum tree in the front garden - the twigs on its travelling home are most distinctive - and is living next to the letter box. It cheers me up every morning, reminding me of adventurous Gumnuts and evil Banksia men.


All this coming and going is a sure sign that autumn is here.



No comments: