Sunday 27 June 2010

Hot bread quickly




When mornings are blurry with mist and rain, the best breakfast is hot bread,  freshly baked just before the dogs are walked, with leatherwood honey or black cherry jam - and a couple of sweet mandarins from Mildura.





I always make flattish bread because then I can be sure that it will cook right through and I won't have to find the bread tins (that have been missing for over ten years now) and finally that it will cook really, really quickly.
I am an impatient cook. I admit it.


2 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

elizabeth..i can smell your bread
...feel it's crunch of crust...
powerful bread here.
wanted to thank you for visiting
and your very encouraging comment
...thank you...grace

Elizabeth said...

Wish I could cut you a slice of the bread and pour on some aromatic honey, Grace, but pics will have to do.